Friday, September 29, 2006

Roll Over

Dear Jacob,

You did it! This morning you rolled over for the first time, and your daddy and I were both there to see it. We have been trying to put you on your tummy more, even though you don’t really like it. So this morning when you woke up as I was getting ready for work, your daddy put you on your tummy in the living room. You usually protest about it, but this morning you figured out how to do something about it. You twisted your little body around, and after a great effort you rolled yourself over. Before we know it, you will be rolling yourself around all over the house.

Have I ever told you what a great man your daddy is? Not only did he get me exactly what I wanted for my birthday, he also cleaned up the house while I was at work Wednesday morning. He tidied up, vacuumed, washed the dishes, cleaned the counters, folded the laundry, and washed and folded your clothes. What a great guy!

We had fun on my birthday. We went out to dinner, and then had a party with my friends. You weren’t too sure about having all those people over, and got a little bit upset. I think you were just tired because you didn’t take a good afternoon nap.

We think you are having a growth spurt because you have been REALLY hungry lately. Maybe sometime soon we will have to think about introducing you to solid foods. That will be an adventure.

Tonight we are going to your daddy’s mission reunion. He went to the Uruguay Montevideo mission, and his mission president lives in Bountiful. So each year around General Conference time (in April and October) we go to the reunion. The last time we went I was very pregnant, so this time we get to take you with us. So this time I will at least get to watch you, which will give me something to do since I don’t know anyone there.

No comments:

Post a Comment