Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to Mommy!

Dear Jacob,


Today is my birthday, and I can’t believe that I am thirty years old today. Somehow I still feel as if I am about 25, and most people actually guess that I am still in my twenties. Maybe it’s because I have you and your daddy to keep me young.

 You seemed to enjoy one of my birthday cards almost as much as I did!


I am glad that I have accomplished some of the goals that I set for myself when I was younger. I knew that I wanted to be married and have kids before I was thirty. I’m so glad I found your daddy, and we are very happy to have you with us. I also set some educational goals, and now I have a Bachelors degree as well as a Masters degree, which I am proud of.

I think today is going to be a good day. So far I have only opened one birthday present, but it will definitely be the best one. Your daddy bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday, and I am SO excited! It makes me want to get out my recipes and start baking. Last night Daddy laughed and told me that I am a recipe hoarder, and I suppose it’s true. When I finally get to stay home with you all the time, I’m sure it will be great fun to try out new recipes each week.

Last night Daddy and I went to a church activity where a guest speaker talked about “Parenting with Love and Logic”. We learned a lot, and I’m glad we went. We want to be great parents, but I’m sure that will take time and practice. Hopefully you can be as patient with us and we will try to be with you.

Yesterday Joe had an interview in Salt Lake City. We also found out this week that the full-time person in his department has resigned. So there is a chance that they could hire your daddy to work here at UVSC. Hopefully he will get something full time soon! That makes me excited.

You are growing so fast! It seems that all of the sudden none of the clothes you have been wearing fit anymore! Your motor coordination is also getting better. Now you can pull your binky out of your mouth on purpose, and actually put it back in sometimes. You like to hold toys and other objects in your hands, and of course put them in your mouth.

Daddy says that he often sits you up in one of our rocking chairs, and you are content to sit there and play for twenty minutes at a time. Before we know it, you will be sitting up on your own… and rolling all over the house. Won’t that be fun!

I have taken you for walks in the stroller for the past couple of days, and you seem to enjoy it. Most often we will walk around the cemetery near our house because the pavement is smoother than most of the sidewalks nearby. It is a nice, quiet place to walk. The only time you didn’t like it when we went walking was on Monday night, when I ended up taking you for a walk when it was almost dark outside. You were great for a while, but then you were getting hungry… and maybe cold or scared. I couldn’t stand to listen to you cry, so I picked you up and carried you home in one arm while pushing the stroller with the other. You stopped crying as soon as I picked you up, so I guess you must like me or something. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment