Monday, September 11, 2006

Jacob the Pooh

Dear Jacob,

It was nice to stay home this weekend and spend some time together as a family. Sometimes I am afraid that I am missing out because I don’t get to stay home with you all day. I don’t want to miss your first word, your first step, or any of the other cute things that might happen while I am away at work. So the weekends are a fun time for me to be with you and daddy all day.

Saturday we slept in a little, which was nice. We could tell when you were awake, because you started talking to yourself in your bed. That is what you do most mornings, and I love it. So I went and got you and brought you to Mommy and Daddy’s bed. I love how happy you are in the morning. I often find you in your bed, smiling wide and holding your legs straight up in the air. We had fun laying there with you in our bed, trying to make you smile and playing with you.

A little later, after we were showered and dressed, we went to Costco and bought a whole bunch of stuff. We bought some cute, warm pajamas for you and some fun nightlights. They will flash a bunch of colors, or stay whatever color or brightness you choose. They will be nice to have since they have no bulbs that might break or need replacing.

After we went shopping, we went out for lunch at Los Hermanos (which is a Mexican restaurant not far from home). You just sat in your car seat and played with your toys. It seems that you are trying to put everything in your mouth recently. This weekend you had fun playing with my stuffed giraffe (and by playing, I mean trying to put its head or legs into your mouth. We have noticed a white spot on your bottom gum, and I’m sure you will be getting a tooth soon.

It was kind of cloudy Saturday, so then we watched a movie that I brought home from the library. Then daddy worked on putting some insulation that we had bought in the attic, and I cleaned in the kitchen and worked on dinner. I got to take care of you most of the day, which was fun.

On Sunday we went to our regional stake conference. You were good the entire time, even when I went to the mother’s room to feed you. When we got home we took some pictures of you in the cute Winnie the Pooh outfit we dressed you in. You are getting SO good at holding your head up when we put you on your stomach. Then I tried a couple of different outfits on you to see which ones would fit you now. I guess you could say I played “dress up” with you.


After lunch Sunday you were getting cranky. I could tell you were tired, so I held you in my arms and you fell fast asleep. So I took you downstairs and you took a nap with me on Mommy’s bed. It was really nice. You look so adorable when you are asleep.

Daddy made a delicious pot roast for dinner, and while we ate you talked to us. This weekend you have been a lot more vocal. You seem to want to talk to us so badly, and I sometimes wonder what you would say if you could. In the meantime, we like to have little “conversations” with you and listen to you tell us stories.

When it cooled down in the evening, we all went on a walk. Daddy carried you in the Snugli, and we walked around the cemetery. It was a nice evening, and we had fun walking and talking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment