Friday, September 15, 2006

Doctor, Doctor, give me the news!

Dear Jacob,

You have survived another doctor appointment. It’s actually not that bad, except for the shots. Yesterday I drove from work to the doctor’s office, where I met you and daddy. They called us back to a room, and then the nurse came to weigh and measure you. In the past couple of months you sure have grown! You now weigh 14lbs 3 ounces, and are 25 inches tall. That puts you at the 50th percentile for you weight, and the 70th percentile for your height. So you are doing really well.

Then the nurse came and gave you your shots. Last time you got shots I wasn’t in the room, but this time I stayed. Daddy held your hands and comforted you while the nurse held your legs down and gave you two shots in each leg. You cried out in pain, and when they were done I took you from your daddy and comforted you. Of all your different cries, the pain-cry is the one that makes me feel horrible. I just want to make everything better and take the pain away.

After a couple of minutes you stopped crying, and the doctor came and checked you out. It seems that you are not actually growing a tooth. The doctor explained to us that your mouth is more sensitive than your hands right now, so that is why you put everything in there. He told us you are thriving, and he also said that you were adorable. That is quite a compliment, considering that he sees babies and children all day. He answered our questions, and told us that we were doing a great job as parents. It’s always nice to hear that, especially since you are our first baby and we are still learning.

After the doctor’s appointment I took you home, and daddy went to work. After I fed you a bottle, you fell fast asleep. So I went outside and weeded the strawberry patch in our garden. I took our new baby monitor with me so I could come inside when you needed me. It started to get cloudy and nasty outside, and I felt some rain drops so then I came inside. You were still asleep, so I put in a workout video and did that for a while. Then you woke up, and I played with you for a while (see your Band-Aids in this picture?).


Daddy came home, and we had dinner. You were pretty cranky last night, but I am sure it is because your legs hurt. So we gave you some Tylenol and did our best to comfort you. Around 9 pm you fell asleep, and didn’t wake up until after I had already left for work this morning. It is so great that you can sleep through the night now. Daddy and I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment