Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Kicker Foot

Dear Jacob,

Today at work I was working at my computer, and your dad was instant messaging me from home. I told him that I missed my baby today, and I asked him what you were doing. Then he emailed me a couple of pictures of you sitting in your bouncy chair, gnawing on your plastic keys. It made me smile, and made me sad all at the same time.

We think you are definitely growing a tooth. Yesterday I discovered that I could feel a little bump on your gums, and we can see a white spot. That explains why you have been drooling so much lately. It also provides a possible explanation for you sticking your tongue out at us. You have been sticking out your tongue a lot the past couple of days, and I think you are trying to feel your tooth with your tongue. I wonder if it feels weird to be growing teeth in your little mouth. The good thing is that so far it doesn’t seem to be causing you too much pain.

I have also forgotten to mention your kicker foot. Ever since you were born, you have had a very active left leg. You kick both of your legs, but your left one seems to get kicking twice as much as your right one. So we affectionately call it your kicker foot, and its fun to watch you when you get excited because that is when it really gets going. I’m sure that it is the foot that you kicked me with the most when I was pregnant with you. Daddy used to play a game with you before you were born called the bump-bump game. He would push on my belly and say “bump-bump!” Then he would put his hand on my belly and wait for you to kick back at him. He always got a kick out of it when you kicked back at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment