Monday, April 23, 2012

Transportation Preschool

Today it was my turn to teach preschool again and the topic was transportation. Of course I have had my books checked out for a couple of weeks. I knew I wanted all of the books that I could get by Patricia Hubbell because hers are the best! Here is my table display all set up.


I thought it was fun that I had so many transportation toys to put around the books. I even put the Boat book on top of a pirate ship!

We had a great time reading all of the books and talking about transportation. We even sang a few songs, like "The Wheels on the Bus". Then for our craft I made these fun airplanes out of paper clips.


Originally I was going to let the kids paint the paper clips, but I decided that using markers was good enough. They all had a great time decorating their planes.

Then for a snack we had "stop light" crackers. I was originally going to make cookies, but I did not get to it on Sunday night. So instead I took a graham cracker and spread peanut butter on it. Then I put M&Ms on top. I have to say that they tasted pretty good to me!


We had a fun day at preschool. I only have to teach one more time this year and then I will be done... hooray! For a number of reasons, next year I will be sending Ephraim to a preschool instead of teaching as part of a cooperative group. There just are not enough moms left in our group to make it worth while. Besides, I think Ephraim will benefit from being in a more formal setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment