Thursday, April 26, 2012

Not-So-Great Week and the Day my Camera Died

My week started out pretty well with preschool, but since then it has been one thing after another.

First on Monday night I went on a bike ride and got a flat tire. Luckily I was only about 1/2 mile from home, so I just walked the rest of the way. Then Tuesday was our doctor day. Joe stayed home so that I could go to my annual OB appointment and then in the afternoon we all went to the dentist.

My appointment at the OB seemed routine, right up to the point where the nurse found a small lump on my left breast. She thinks it is just a cyst, but she wants me to go in for a mammogram and possibly an ultrasound. It was a little hard for me not to freak out about that. Hopefully it will be fine, but I am not terrifically excited about it.

Then I spent the afternoon at the dentist's office. The boys did really well this time. Ephraim even let them take x-rays and clean his teeth, which was a big improvement from last time. I took the boys home and came back for my checkup. Of course I had a small cavity, so I told them to just fill it right then. Sometimes I swear there is not a surface on my back teeth that could possibly have a filling because every surface of my teeth back there has already been filled. Sheesh!

Luckily the boys seem to have Joe's teeth. Neither of them has any cavities, which is great.

So Tuesday was a hard day for me. Then on Wednesday, Karyn was kind enough to go hang out at the park with me. The kids were having a great time. Amelia was loving going down the slide!


Jacob was a great big brother and kept an eye on her so she didn't go down by herself because the slide was a little fast for her.


I was having a great time taking pictures of my kids... when it happened.


I was clicking away when my camera gave me and error and refused to take any more pictures. I tried everything I could think of, like changing lenses, replacing the battery, etc. Unfortunately nothing helped. When I came home I found the last picture of the set looked like this.


Um... yeah. That black think in front of the picture is part of my shutter. We took it to a repair shop before I went to work this evening, and the shutter mechanism is definitely broken. I was so bummed! It is going to cost about $160 to get it fixed, and I already feel a bit naked without my camera.

I am glad that I can get my camera fixed, but it is definitely a bummer that it broke like that! The repair guy said it looked like somebody poked the shutter when the lens was off, but I know that didn't happen! After all, I was taking pictures when it broke.

So needless to say, this week hasn't been the best. They say that bad things come in threes, so I figure that I am about done with bad things for the week. Hopefully things will start to get a bit better next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment