Friday, April 27, 2012

Cowboy preschool

Thursday this week was my last time to teach preschool in quite a while. The theme was cowboys, and I was really excited to teach this topic! I found a whole bunch of really great books on cowboys at the library, and I found some cute cowboy hats and handkerchiefs that I could not pass up.


My favorite books were "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" by Mark Teague, "Sixteen Cows" by Lisa Wheeler, and "Cowboy Small" by Lois Lansky.

When the kids arrived, I had them put on their cowboy hats and bandannas. Then we read some books. I was happy that Emily was there, because she took some pictures of me actually reading to the kids!



As you can see, I even dressed up for the occasion!


The kids really enjoyed the books, and when we were finished we decorated paper bag vests that I made. I actually used a vest we had for a pattern to make their vests fit a bit better than the usual "boxy" looking paper vests. I think they turned out great!

Then we put on some paper mustaches and took some pictures. I intend to make wanted posters of the kids, but have not gotten around to it yet. Regardless, the pictures are hilarious!

Here is Ephraim. I even talked him into wearing a button-up shirt so that he looked a bit more "western". Doesn't he look great with a mustache?



Clara was a hoot. She made the best faces when she had her mustache on! I had a hard time keeping a straight face.




Jonathan and Justin also looked pretty cool in their mustaches.



Karyn was kind enough to let me borrow her camera for some of these pictures, since mine is broken. I actually took some pictures with my phone and was surprised by how well the pictures turned out!

1 comment: