Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Swimming Lessons thus Far

The past week the boys have kept me busy with swimming lessons each day. Ephraim and Jacob are both enjoying their classes immensely. Every morning they ask me, "Are we going to swimming lessons today?!"

Most of the time I end up feeding Amelia poolside, but I have had time to take some pictures. I have let Karyn run around with my camera as well. Here are some of the best shots, starting with Jacob:


This year Jacob is in Preschool Level 2 and he is learning some swimming strokes. Here he is on the side of the pool, practicing the backstroke with "chicken, airplane, soldier". He is getting pretty good at doing it in the water too.

Here are the strokes:

Chicken



Airplane

Soldier

Not bad, huh? He is also learning to do the crawl stroke. They have been trying to teach him how to side breathe, both on the side of the pool:

As well as on the kickboard in the water:

I am very proud of how well my little fish is swimming!


Jacob is much more fearless in the water than I would have predicted. He seems to be a natural swimmer!


I am really proud of the progress Jacob is making and definitely plan on doing one more round of swimming lessons to help cement what he is learning.


Ephraim has been having a blast is swimming lessons as well. He is in Preschool Level 1 and is getting more comfortable with putting his head under the water.


They get to play lots of fun games and splash around in the water. Ephraim loves it!


Ephraim thinks it is cool that he gets to use the kickboard too!


I think having his friend Clara in his class has helped Ephraim to be a bit more brave. This year Clara is like a little fish and is underwater all the time.


But Ephraim is getting more and more willing to take the plunge!


I am glad that the boys are having so much fun with swimming lessons. I am also glad that we will get to take a short break before starting the next round. It is a lot of work to get to the pool every day! But from the smiles on these faces, I know it is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment