Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Amelia's Dress and the New Sand

One of the projects that I have been working on with the help of Grandma Devereaux is a little dress for Amelia. Emily helped me choose the fabric, and Grandma Devereaux helped me with the gathers, which I haven't really done before. We got it finished and I think it is absolutely adorable!


Maybe it's just because the girl in the dress is so dang cute!


I am excited for all the fun dresses and skirts I get to make for Amelia. That way I can make her clothes that I know are modest as well as cute!

Today the boys got to play with a bunch of new sand in the sandbox. They thought it was great fun!


It seems the sand migrates out of the sandbox, so it is nice to get some new sand once in a while. Hopefully it will stay in the box a bit more now that the boys are a little older.


This afternoon we went to swimming lessons again. The boys are having a great time!


Jacob is learning all kinds of new skills and Ephraim is getting better about putting his head in the water. We will definitely be doing another session of swim lessons in August!


Today was also our last day with Grandma and Grandpa Devereaux. We had such a great time with them visiting at our house. The boys loved all of the fun things they got to do, and they will really miss Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. That little dress you made for Amelia is so cute, I'll bet it's the first of many.

    ReplyDelete