Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July Fun

This year the Fourth of July was the day after Amelia's blessing. So we still had some visitors, which was great.

Of course the menfolk were working on projects. Today's project was painting the garage door to match the rest of the house.


I really need to take a picture of the finished product. It looks so awesome! Our house is really looking great thanks to all of Joe and Grandpa's hard work!

We all dressed in our fourth of July colors. Here is Grandma reading to the boys.


I asked Daddy to take a picture of me and the kids on the front steps in our festive attire. Don't we look patriotic?


I love the little onesie that Amelia was wearing. She is the cutest girl! Check out those cheeks and chubby legs!


Of course we went to the cemetery after it got dark to check out the Pleasant Grove Fireworks. Joe and Grandpa manned the cameras while I fed Amelia and enjoyed the show. Here are some of my favorite shots:


I love that we don't have to go very far to see a good fireworks show. Plus we don't have to pay any money to see it (unlike Stadium of Fire)!


Love the way these pictures turned out! Way to go Honey!


You would not believe how many fireworks pictures we got! So many of them turned out terrific that it was hard for me to choose my favorites!



The boys loved watching the fireworks. I was pleasantly surprised that little Amelia didn't seem to mind the fireworks at all. She seemed just as enthralled as everyone else.


The best part of the weekend was not the fireworks, although they are beautiful. My favorite part of the weekend was spending time with my family. We had a great time barbecuing, chatting, and spending time together.

I am so thankful for those that gave their lives so I can enjoy my family and my freedom.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I haven't seen your garage door. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete