Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crazy Days in Afton

After their airplane ride, we decided to go check out the antique car show they were having on Main Street. I thought this picture was cool because you can see all the cars and the elkhorn arch in the background.


We saw lots of really cool cars. I will be the first to admit that I don't know much about cars. I can't tell you what kind of cars most of these are, but the boys and I had a great time looking at the cars because we compared them to the ones they are familiar with from Disney's Cars 2. We just saw it in the theater, so it was fresh on their minds. Here is a car that has "white wall tires" just like Lightening McQueen did in the first Cars movie.

Then we found one with a flame job, just like Ramone. Cool, huh?


They also had some old Model T's just like Lizzy and Stanley. If you look closely at this picture you can see Ephraim's feet on the running board. Apparently he can't read the "Look but don't Touch!" signs on every car.


And here is even more evidence that Ephraim didn't get the memo. Here is his reflection as he checked out this cobra.

I had fun checking out all the chromed up cars and motorcycles. Here was a really cool Indian motorcycle that I really liked.


We had a good time looking at this old Chevy too. Joe says one day maybe we can restore the old Chevrolet and Cadillac that Grandpa Devereaux has at his house. Wouldn't that be fun?

This was my favorite picture of the car show. I originally took the picture to get a shot of the dice on the valve stem, but after I took the shot the shiny hub cap (and my reflection in it) really caught my eye.


Another thing that caught my eye was the woman who was carving a bear into a tree stump using a chainsaw and a little Dremmel tool. The boys and I had a great time watching her work. How cool is this?


Talk about build-a-bear! They are even more beautiful finished, so I went into the gallery to see if I could get one. When I checked the price on one and found that it was $280, I decided that a picture would have to do!

2 comments:

  1. I love your comparisons of the real cars to the Cars 2 movie. I'll bet the boys loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool cars. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete