Monday, October 26, 2009

What a Weekend! (aka Ephraim and the Lotion Adventure)

We sure had a busy weekend!

Saturday morning Joe and I had the privilege of attending my friend Alyssa's sealing in the Draper Temple. Aly and her sister Tami were my roommates in college, and I have been lucky enough to go to both of their weddings.

So we got ready and left the boys with a babysitter for the first time ever. We had the Stuart girls come and watch the boys. Originally it was just going to be Jill, but she brought her younger sister with her. We were gone to the sealing for about three hours and the boys did just fine while we were gone!

The ceremony was wonderful, and it was nice for Joe and I to be in the temple together and remember the day we got married. I remember how blissfully happy we both were that day, and the great thing is that we are still very much in love and so happy together.

We would have stayed for the luncheon following the sealing ceremony, but somehow I got my dates confused and had signed up to substitute at the library. So I had to be to work at 1 p.m.

So when we got home I hurried to get everyone lunch. Then I went to work while Joe watched the boys. I figured it wouldn't be too bad, since Ephraim would be asleep most of the time I was gone. Unfortunately it seems I underestimated Ephraim's knack for getting into trouble!

Around 4 p.m. I got a call at the library from Joe. He was a bit frustrated... but understandably so. It seems that Ephraim woke up from his nap and was bored in his room waiting to be rescued (Joe was working on a project in the garage for a minute). So Ephraim somehow climbed to the top of his dresser, which is about 4 feet tall, and proceeded to get the lotion bottle that was on top. You can probably guess what happened then....

Ephraim got lotion all over himself, the floor, and the clothes that he got out of his drawers. Joe also told me that he poured some down his heater vent. Needless to say, Daddy was not pleased about any of this and Ephraim was in trouble! The only good thing is that now Ephraim's room smells a bit like baby powder!

The boys all managed to survive until I got home. After I ate dinner, I got to make cookies for my primary class, give the boys a bath, and work on my Halloween costume. Actually, Joe was the one who cooked most of the cookies because I was busy with the boys. Thanks honey!

Then Sunday was the primary program. I got to be with my class for 3 hours... boy was that fun. Then Joe had to go to Ward Counsel meeting and home teaching. He got home just in time for dinner. At least we got to spend the evening together, right?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, lotion! These little ones get in trouble so fast. I'm impressed with your patience!

    ReplyDelete