Wednesday, October 7, 2009

FHE Fiasco

In my last post I told all about our adventure with Ephraim on Tuesday night. I completely forgot to tell about our family home evening experience earlier that night. It had passed my mind completely until I uploaded the photos from my camera!

You see, we have FHE on Tuesday nights, since I work every Monday evening. This particular evening I wanted to take a drive up the canyon and go over the Alpine Loop to see the pretty fall leaves. The leaves have not changed here in the valley yet, but I was sure we would find some nice ones up a little higher.

So after dinner we headed out. We decided to go up the American Fork side, since it it closer to us. Little did we know, we should have gone through Provo canyon first instead! (Hindsight is 20/20, right?)

The leaves on the AF side were not particularly pretty. It seemed that all the leaves that had changed colors had already dropped off the trees. The rest of the trees were still green. It was quite a bummer. Then we got to the narrow part of the road and got high enough in elevation that there was even snow!

We hit a couple of icy patches, but nothing too terrible. We even saw three cyclists heading down from the top of the canyon, which we thought was pretty incredible (and cold!). Then we hit a large icy patch going uphill, around a corner. The problem wasn't really the ice... it was the car stopped on our side of the road putting on their snow tires. We couldn't get around them, so we started sliding backwards down the hill. There were cars a short ways behind us and cars going around the stopped car in front of us, so it wasn't a good situation.

Some of the cars turned around (with Joe's assistance). Eventually the car blocking the road moved and we managed to get past the icy patch. It was a bit scary, but we made it! There was some pretty nice scenery up around the top:

Nice shot of the back side of Mount Timpanogos.

I thought these photos were lovely. I don't know if they were worth all the tension, but at least I got something out of the experience, right?

When we got to the Provo side of the canyon we could tell that the leaves there were gorgeous! Too bad it was too dark to get any decent photos!

When we got home I needed had to give the boys a bath. I was looking through the photos on the camera and the boys were being so cute in the tub I just had to take their picture!

Look at how big these boys are! Pretty soon I am not going to be able to bath them both in the tub at the same time!


So that was our FHE evening before all the excitement with Ephraim started. Tons of fun, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it was a bust. But (butt?), the boys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much kids like running water.

    ReplyDelete