Monday, October 26, 2009

The Halloween Preshow

Who said kids only wear their Halloween costumes once?

It seems like this week we get to wear costumes to all of our regularly scheduled activities, including Music Makers, Story Time, and Playgroup. I actually have more than one set of costumes for the boys, so I convinced Jacob on Monday that we could save Buzz and Woody for later and wear our other costumes to Music Makers.

The boys had a great time in their costumes. Jacob dressed up in the Monkey costume that Grandma Devereaux sent, and Ephraim got to wear the giraffe costume that Jacob wore two years ago.

After Music Makers we went out and played in the leaves behind the church. Of course I brought my camera because the boys were just SO cute! So here is Halloween: Round 1!

Isn't Jacob a cute little monkey?

He was just loving all the leaves! He would pick them up and drop them or throw them in the air!

Of course it was hard to get Ephraim to stand still so I could take his picture, but I did manage to get this one, which I think is pretty darn good!

Can you believe that Jacob wore this same costume? For comparison, here is a picture of Jacob in the same costume two years ago.

Cute, huh?

Jacob and Ephraim had a great time in the leaves! I forgot to mention that we also brought Alyssa to Music Makers with us, since her mommy is not feeling well. She and Jacob were running through the leaves and then asked me to bury them a little bit.

The kids also had fun picking up huge armfuls of leaves. I think Jacob would have brought some home if I would have let him!

The only way I could get Ephraim to even hold still or look at me was to throw leaves at him... but that's o.k. because it was fun for both of us.

It was so fun to go play with the boys in the leaves. I know that the leaves make a big mess in the fall, but it's nice to take a moment to remember how much fun leaves are for our kids. I've always liked walking through big piles of leaves and hearing the sound that they make. It's one of the reasons that I love Fall!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun picts! We are getting a lot of wear out of our costumes too! Kaylee has worn hers 3 times already!

    ReplyDelete