Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend

Hooray for busy hands during conference! I have finished my Christmas neighbor gifts. Now I just have to start on the family ones!

Speaking of family, we have been enjoying the weekend at home together trying our best to listen to conference with two exuberant young sons. This morning the boys were busy playing (mostly quietly) with Lincoln Logs. Jacob was piling the logs in his dump truck, driving them around and then dumping them out. The boys had occasional quarrels and incidents, but things were mostly going pretty well while Joe and I were listening to the talks this morning.

During the morning session of conference I was particularly touched by the song "Love is Spoken Here" as it was performed by the Tabernacle Choir. I said, "What a pretty arrangement of that song! I really liked it".

Jacob replied, "Yes. And this is a pretty arrangement of logs!"

Joe and I couldn't help but laugh at our silly boy.

1 comment:

  1. Conference is so difficult with tiny ones. Lincoln Logs are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete