Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving at the Devereaux House

Friday evening we decided it was time to carve our pumpkins. Jacob has been so excited to make a jack-o-lantern this year that I couldn't say no. So we got out the knives, spoons and carving tools and got busy!

After I cut the lid off Jacob was not so sure about scooping out the pumpkin guts. Just look at his face!
Then I gave him a spoon with a long handle and showed him that it wasn't so bad. Then he dug right in, but still tried not to get any goop on his hands.

Ephraim wanted to help too. I was kind of surprised that he didn't want to just stick his hands right in the pumpkin either!

While I gutted our second pumkin, Daddy helped Jacob with the carving on his pumkin. What a team!

Jacob was absolutely in love with his pumkin! He kept on saying, "Ooh! My pumpkin is so cute! Look, it's happy!". So even though it was a bit goopy and not necessarily my favorite thing to do, it was totally worth it!

Joe helped me take some really awesome pictures of our pumkins all lit up. What do you think? Here is Ephraim's/ Mommy's pumkin:

And here is Jacob's happy pumpkin:

Jacob loved his pumpkin so much that he wanted to take it in his room so it could sleep there with him! What a cutie! I told him that the pumpkin would feel better if we left it outside!

2 comments:

  1. You are a good Mommy! I hate pumpkin carving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pumpkins! We carved pumpkins Friday night too. My kids got into the goop though! That's funny that Jacob wanted to sleep with his pumpkin. That would have been a hard pillow!

    ReplyDelete