Tuesday, September 1, 2009

While Daddy's Away...

Sunday afternoon Joe left on a jet plane, headed for San Francisco. He is attending the VM World Conference for work and won't be home until Friday! The boys and I will definitely miss Daddy... here is a photo of the boys with Joe that I took Sunday morning.


So far the conference is going well. Joe took a certification test on Monday and passed! Way to go Honey! He is now VM Certified, which is nice because he could relax and enjoy the rest of the conference. After the test Joe got to do some sight-seeing. Yesterday he called me from the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was a little bit jealous and wished that I could have done some pre-conference sight-seeing with him.

Alas! Someone has to stay home to watch the boys. They know that Daddy is not home, so they seem to need a little bit more watching than usual.

Monday morning when I got out of the shower this is the sight that greeted me. It was funny and absolutely not funny all at the same time. Since I didn't know whether to laugh or be frustrated, I walked into the bedroom, got my camera and took some photos. That made me feel better!

Do you think Ephraim knew that he was in trouble? Check out this face.

The boys were having a bit of a rough day on Monday, so I decided to take them to the park for a picnic lunch. They love playing on the equipment and going down the slides, so it seemed to help them cheer up a little bit.

Can I just say I love my zoom lens? Even though these look like I was pretty close to the boys, I took these pictures sitting on our blanket in the grass.

After our picnic we went home and Ephraim had his nap. Just for fun Jacob and I practiced smiling for the camera. I was pretty impressed with how cute these pictures turned out!

He really is a handsome boy, don't you think? Now if I can get him to smile like this the next time we do family pictures we are all set!


Monday evening I had to work at the library, but the Webster's were kind enough to watch the boys for me. Jacob and Ephraim had a great time because they love Will and Deborah. We will sure miss them when they move away!

1 comment: