Friday, September 11, 2009

The Short Long Week and Friday at the Park

This week after Labor Day on Monday, some of our Fall activities started up again. Tuesdays we are going to the library for Story Time. Jacob just loves listening to the stories and making the craft when the stories are finished.

Wednesdays we will normally be doing Play School for Jacob, but we took this week off for planning. So we went and visited Melinda instead. The boys had a great time playing with her girls. Jacob and Laura are such great friends, which I love! That means I actually get to hang out with Melinda while I am at her house!

Then on Thursday we go to Wee Read for Ephraim. Jacob still enjoys listening to the stories, and we are trying to teach Ephraim to sit on the carpet and listen. He is making progress! If I ask him to "go sit by Jacob", then he will actually do it... for a little while!

Friday this week I went to the dentist and got my crown put on. I was a little bit fearful for my checkup, but there is great news! I only have one other minor cavity that I need to have filled. Other than that I am good! Whew!

After the dentist the boys and I went back to play at Discovery Park. Of course I took my camera and followed the boys around. After all, going to the park should to be fun for mommy too, right?

As you can tell it was not really that busy at the park.

The boys had fun on the swings... as long as mommy would push them!

Of course the boys climbed over everything! Jacob sat on top of this tire "swing" and asked me to take his picture! I was happy to oblige!

The boys both wanted to swing on the regular tire swing too! So I pushed them very gently. They don't swing for too long before Ephraim gets bored and drops himself out of the hole in the middle. I swear he does it on purpose and the funny thing is that he always looks surprised when he lands on his back in the dirt!

Here is Ephraim playing with some fun noise-makers.

We will probably be going to the park pretty frequently, since the boys love it so much! The weather is getting nice and cool, so I am enjoying being outside too!

2 comments:

  1. Parks are sure a fun place to be for you and the boys. I'm glad you all enjoy the parks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures of your boys are always so cute! Can we come to the park with you one of these days?

    ReplyDelete