Monday, September 14, 2009

Hot Air Balloon

This week we have been going on walks in the morning when it is nice outside. Usually I take my camera along, just in case we see anything interesting.

Yesterday I thought about bringing my camera, but decided to leave it at home. Wouldn't you know that is the day when something interesting actually happens?! While we were walking past a local school I noticed something over the top of the building. Then I realized what it was-- a hot air balloon!

Darn it! I couldn't believe I left my camera home!
But I walked the boys over and we watched the balloon for a little while. The announcer said they weren't going to let it go because of the nasty clouds and wind. Pretty soon we had to get home so we could make it to Music Makers.

As we were walking home I looked back and there it was! So we ran home as fast as mommy could go! When we got to the house I ran inside, grabbed my camera, and put on my zoom lens. I managed a few pictures before it drifted back to the ground.

It was a pretty cloudy day, so the hot air balloon shows up pretty nicely against the sky.

The school is quite a few blocks from our house, so I was pretty impressed that I was able to zoom in so close for these last two shots.


We did manage to make it to Music Makers on time, even though I definitely had to shower because I was sweating when I got home after running home while pushing the stroller!

So that was our excitement for Monday morning! It's not very often you get to see a hot air balloon right in your own backyard!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty exciting that you got to see the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lusting after your zoom lens! Nice camera work!

    ReplyDelete