Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Joe in San Francisco

When Joe went to San Francisco for a the VM World conference earlier in the month I was a little bit jealous. Neither of us had been there before, and I knew that there were tons of cool things to see and do there... not to mention all the cool sites to photograph!

I was half-tempted to send him with my Canon XSi, but there was no way I could part with it! Plus I didn't want to risk it getting damaged. So I sent him with our little point and shoot instead.

Can I just say that he took some amazing photos?! Joe is turning into quite the photographer!

After passing his certification test, Joe went to meet his group at Pier 35. He was headed there on foot, and one thing I didn't realize about San Francisco is how uphill-downhill everything is there! The intersections are about the only parts of the street that are level. Here is a picture that Joe took looking down a street (that he walked up!) from the middle of the crosswalk.


If you look closely (or click the photo) you can see the Bay Bridge in the water in the distance. While he was walking he noticed Lombard street in the distance. He walked a couple of blocks out of his way to take a picture of what is known as "the crookedest street". I am impressed that he went out of his way to take this photo. If you zoom in you can see how the street zig-zags back and forth.


When he found the guys at the warf they headed for the bus to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. On the way he took this shot, and it is one of my favorites! I have never seen a masted ship, and I think this photo is gorgeous.


He also saw Alcatraz on his way there:


Of course you can't go to San Francisco without going to the Golden Gate Bridge. By some stroke of luck Joe visited on a day that was actually mostly clear and sunny! Check out these great pics.

The bridge just pops up out of nowhere in this picture, don't you think? I am glad that Joe had someone take a picture of himself there as well.

These next two shots are my favorites! I love how he framed these shots. Aren't they nice?



I can't wait to go back and visit San Francisco with Joe some day. Apparently he knows all the places to go to get great photos!

Joe also got to walk on the Golden Gate Bridge, and he called me from the middle. Even though I wasn't there, it was nice that he was thinking of me. He even had one of the guys take a picture of him on the phone with me.


Here are a few more pictures I love that he took while on the bridge. I just love the perspective on this one.


How's this for a nice close-up?

And here is a picture of San Francisco, as seen from the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I was glad that while Joe was at his conference he did get to do a little sight-seeing. I know he was busy at the conference, but he still had a good time. They even managed to catch a baseball game.

Here is a photo Joe took from the top of the stadium when he was talking to me on the phone. His seats were actually just past third base at the Oakland A's game. Fun, huh?

Joe was actually really happy to come home on Friday. He had fun in San Francisco, but he missed us as much as we missed him!

No comments:

Post a Comment