Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekend Car Washing with Daddy

Another week, another busy Saturday at the Devereaux house! This weekend we all actually slept past seven a.m. I don't think that Mommy and Daddy got out of bed until after 7:30 am! It was SO nice.

Then we got busy. First Daddy washed the car with the boys. At first I was just going to have Daddy and Jacob wash the cars, but Ephraim was pretty upset about being left inside with Mommy while all the fun was happening outside! So I went out with Ephraim and watched the action.

The boys helped Daddy scrub down the car.

I thought it was so cute the way the boys were working together to scrub the parts of the car they could reach.


Jacob was pretty good about cleaning the car. After a minute or two Ephraim would lose interest and drop his scrubber, but I could help get him interested again (at least long enough to snap some photos!).

Then Daddy let the boys help rinse off the car. First it was Ephraim's turn.

Then it was Jacob's turn.

Can you see from the photo above who is headed directly for the stream of water? Yep. Ephraim didn't quite get the fact that running in front of the hose would get him wet!

Who knew it would also do such a nice job of parting his hair?


After the car washing I cleaned up in the kitchen and then we all went a did a little shopping. One of the things we got was a flip lock for the back door. Now I don't have to worry about certain small people leaving the house in the morning when I'm not looking or taking a shower!

We were having a bit of a grumpy morning, so when we got our essential shopping done we came home and ate lunch. Then I went on a 23 mile bike ride during Ephraim's nap. It was a nice ride, but a little warm outside (anything over 80 is hot for me to ride in).

Then later on I cut Joe's hair and he cut the boys. They are all nice and short now!

In the evening after dinner, Joe helped me do a little canning. We canned some lovely plum jam, and I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

What a busy day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was a busy day, but it sure looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete