Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hard Hat Area

The church building near our home is getting much closer to being finished. Lately they have been putting brick on the exterior and tiling the roof. On Sunday afternoon we took a little walk to visit the construction site. Here is a photo taken from the northwest corner of the lot.

Jacob is still excited to see all of the construction equipment on the site. Since the machines are all off, we let him get up close and take a good look at them... and of course we have to take photos. He keeps telling me that "there is a bulldozer just like mine!" or "Look! A grader just like the one I have!". He is loving the mini construction equipment that he got at Easter. He has told me that when he gets big he wants to drive trucks like these.

He is SO little compared to these huge machines!

(ignore my hand... I haven't have time to Photoshop it out yet.)

Ephraim would be in some of these pictures, but I have him strapped to my back most of the time when we go visit. Besides, he's pretty quick and I wouldn't want to try to get him to stand on top of any of this tall equipment!

Jacob on the other hand will stand wherever we put him! What a good boy.

Aaah! The claw!

You almost can't see Jacob in this picture because he is so small!

They will probably have the church completely finished by the end of the summer. I hope that we get to go to church in the new building because it is SO close to our house! We could even walk during the winter because it would probably be just as fast as loading everyone in the car.

So there's your construction update for this month! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Holy picture of Jacob in the mouth of the digger! He will love that when he gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jacob in the claw! The is totally a picture that I would have taken!

    ReplyDelete