Friday, April 10, 2009

Dying Easter Eggs

Today we finally got around to dying eggs for Easter. I boiled the eggs earlier in the day, and then just before Ephraim's nap time in the afternoon we got organized and got to work.

Jacob thought it was pretty cool that the eggs changed colors.

He helped me write on them with the crayon and drop them into the cups of dye.

I was a little nervous about letting him do this while I took pictures, but he did great! I made sure that he held the cups before he dropped the eggs in so that he didn't spill any dye. We tried using the little wand in the egg dye kit, but it was too hard. So we used our hands instead.

It was pretty fun, and Jacob had a great time!


We both ended up with a little dye on our hands, but it mostly washed off. I thought Jacob was so cute in his little apron. We will definitely have to do this again next year.


Next year Ephraim will probably want to help too! This year he mostly watched and then begged me to put him down for his nap. Poor boy!

Jacob got to put stickers on his eggs when they dried too. He thought the eggs turned out beautiful! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Dying eggs is so much fun. I love Jacob's face in that last picture...so adorable and expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ephraim will get into it next year. Clara had a blast this year! If only I could get those pictures posted!

    ReplyDelete