Saturday, January 31, 2009

Working at the Car Wash

What do you on Saturdays in the winter when the weather gets "warm" (above 35 degrees!)?

First we get any shopping done that we need to. This morning we got to go to Costco and return some recalled peanut butter items. Then we checked out Sears Grand, since it's going out of business. We got a pretty good deal on pants for Joe.

In the afternoon I spent time inside cleaning up around the house and preparing dinner. Jacob and Daddy spend time outside working in the garage and washing cars. I went outside today to see how it was going, when Jacob told me how he was helping Daddy and asked me, "Mommy, you want to get your camera and take a picture of me?"

I told him that was exactly what I wanted to do! I was excited that he actually wants his picture taken. Isn't he a cutie?

He was doing a good job helping Daddy clean the cars. Joe figured today would be a good day to do it because we aren't supposed to get any rain/snow for a while.


Jacob was telling us how he was being a big helper and Daddy would be SO happy. Joe said that was almost worth a video, so here is Jacob working hard to clean the car for Daddy.



When they finished with the cars, Jacob "helped" Daddy drive the cars into the driveway. I think it is his favorite part of washing cars!

1 comment:

  1. What a great family tradition. Joe is such a good daddy. His boys will always remember washing cars with daddy on Saturdays. It's also teaching Jacob how to work.

    ReplyDelete