Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Cyclist

Friday afternoon Joe finally got his bike back from the shop with it's new shifters. He was so excited to have his bike (and a new jacket) that he decided to take it for a short spin. After all, it wasn't that cold! See, the digital clock behind his head says that it's 34 degrees out.

Since Joe is planning to commute by bike as soon as the weather is decent, he has quite a bit of cold-weather gear. Here he is getting ready to go with all his gear on.

Of course I made him pose for me so I could prove to people what die-hard cyclists we have at our house. I am not quite as die-hard, although my bike is set up on the trainer in the basement and I use it every week!

And he's off!

Joe rode his bike to the temple and back and said it wasn't too bad outside. His new shifters work great as does his new jacket. Now all we need are some clear roads and cooperative weather!

Come on Spring!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! That makes me want to go out and take a bike ride! But our roads are more snow that bare right now. Joe sure is looking good these day. Cycling has made him look buff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That makes me want to go out and take a bike ride! But our roads are more snow that bare right now. Joe sure is looking good these day. Cycling has made him look buff!

    ReplyDelete