Friday, January 16, 2009

Mid January Update

The weather this week has been pretty pleasant. It has been sunny outside, but still a bit chilly. On warmer days we get up to the upper 30's and sometimes we even break 40 degrees. So our snowbanks are slowly melting away (hooray!). Maybe spring is coming after all.

We have been working on keeping ourselves busy. This week on Monday we went and visited the Randalls in the morning. Jacob LOVES playing with Laura. Whenever we go over to their house it seems that the two of them disappear and all we hear is giggling from downstairs. Naturally Melinda and I don't mind one bit!

On Tuesday we went and visited the Smiths. We haven't been to their house since before Christmas! It seems that in December we were just too busy. Jacob and Ephraim both had fun playing with the toys and exploring. Sometimes it's strange because I can remember when Jacob and Alyssa were the same size as Ephraim! Now they are getting so big!

Later in the afternoon Jacob and I took advantage of the warmer weather and went outside to play "kitchen". I got the idea from Melinda, and Jacob LOVES it. He keeps asking me to play again, but the weather hasn't been above 40 much the rest of this week.

Here are some pictures of us "burning" cupcakes (as Jacob would say) and filling pots with snow. I promise I don't burn food, but apparently it's more interesting that way.

See how the snow is melting?!

These ones are done Mommy!

Filling his pot while the cupcakes cook.

So if you don't know what to do outside in the snow, give this a try!

Wednesday morning we went to Arctic Circle to play at their play place. Melinda invited us but then had to cancel because of a sudden migraine. So we looked for someone else to go with. Luckily Natalie and Brooklyn were kind enough to come over for a while. Jacob had a great time running around and Ephraim crawled like crazy. It was a nice break from being cooped up inside.

Unfortunately we had a bit of a rough afternoon. I actually got both boys down for a nap at the same time, but for some reason after Ephraim had been asleep for just barely an hour he woke up yelling. I was trying to see if he would go back to sleep, but his crying woke Jacob up. Soon I had two screaming boys. I went upstairs to find Jacob (with wet pants) and Ephraim both in Ephraim's room screaming. Oh what fun! I was glad when Joe got home and the day finally ended.

Thursday we went to Wee Read at the Library. Jacob has a great time going to the library and listening to the stories. Then we came home for lunch and naps. Jacob didn't take a nap, which is happening more often these days. I think we are going to have to have "quiet time" for him instead of nap time. That way I can still have an hour or so to work on what I want to!

In other news, Ephraim is starting to adjust to his two-nap schedule. He was wanting to take three naps, but his last one was starting around 6 p.m. That wasn't really working out for us, so we have been keeping him up those last two hours at night. I think his body is finally figuring it out so that his other two naps are becoming a little bit longer (thank heavens!). Look at how tired this boy gets just before bedtime. Joe took these photos Wednesday night.


Ephraim will just sit in this bouncer and bob up and down while saying "aaaaahhhhh" in a low pitched tone of voice. It is pretty funny.

As Joe would say, "Put a fork in me, I'm done."

2 comments:

  1. cute post! I may have to try the cupcake idea with Brooklyn. that looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you guys had. Sorry again that I had to ditch you :(

    ReplyDelete