Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lights at Temple Square (December 17th)

I know that December is over and so is Christmas, but as I was looking through my pictures I realized that I completely forgot to post about our trip to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to see the Christmas lights!

We tried to stop and see the lights on our way home from the Heiner Family Christmas party, but it was Saturday and there was too many events going on downtown. We couldn't even find a place to park. So we decided to return on a weeknight the following week.

We ended up going to see the lights on Wednesday, December 17th. We dressed the boys warmly and headed to SLC. We ended up parking the car and riding Trax to Temple Square.

There were tons of people there! I don't know why I was surprised by this... probably because the last time Joe and I went to see the lights was the day we got married! Since that was two days after Christmas, most people had probably already been by then.

Regardless of the crowds, we had a pretty good time. I carried Ephraim on my back, so Joe ended up taking most of the photos.

We had a good time playing with the different settings on the camera to see what kind of pictures we could get. I have to say that they turned out much better than they would have on our other camera. See for yourself!


This next one is looking towards the reflecting pool in front of the temple. I really like how it turned out.

In the above photo, you can almost see this nativity that they had on top of the water of the pool. They also had round balls of light floating on the water. It was really pretty.

This is another favorite of mine, and one of the few shots that don't have other people in it!

This is the statue of Brigham Young that stands on the south end of the plaza. Joe took this picture and I like how you can see the statue's silhouette because of all the lights.


It was VERY frigid that night. So we ducked into the Joseph Smith Memorial building to warm up for a minute. We took the elevator to the 10th floor and looked out the windows. The boys were happy to have a minute to wander around. Aren't they cute?


Next time we go, maybe we will go earlier in December. Perhaps then it will be warmer and less crowded. :o)

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures of Temple Square are really nice. I'd like to go to Temple Square some time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the lights. I will always love looking at the temples all lit up. Jacob loved looking at the lights here is Tucson just in our neighborhood, so I bet he really was in awe with so many there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great. I think I need a new camera now.

    ReplyDelete