Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mount Timp and the Ice Castle

It has been a little while since I posted. I guess it seems like nothing terribly exciting has been going on! We have been stuck inside because it has been overcast and cold since the weekend.

On Saturday we went to the bike shop to check up on Joe's bike and sign me up for the ladies night they are having next week. I don't think I told you about what is going on with Joe's bike. His left shifter broke while we were in Arizona, and this is the second time it has happened! So he took his bike to the shop last week and they said they would talk to the Shimano rep. It turns out that it's a known problem, so Joe is getting upgraded shifters and maybe a cassette- for free! Wahoo!

We also did some shopping and Joe worked on some shelving and the bike storage area in the garage. It is going to be great when it is finished!

Monday we went and played with the Smiths. Jacob and Alyssa were so cute together. They were reading books to each other and chasing each other around the house! It was so much fun!

Then on Tuesday this week my Mom came to visit. She was kind enough to let Joe and I go out to dinner alone that night. We had a great meal and great conversation! It was nice to share a meal together without having to worry about the little people!

Wednesday morning Mom went with us to the Draper Temple Open House. It was a beautiful temple, but after spending so much time in the Mount Timpanogos Temple I was surprised by how little it seemed. They are having tours until sometime in March, so you should go see it if you can.

I didn't get a good picture of the temple because it was such a gray, cloudy day... and of course you were not allowed to take pictures inside. Maybe I'll have to go back sometime in the spring.

Today the sun finally decided to shine! We went out to go shopping with Mom to get some things she needed. Then we went and picked up Joe and got some lunch. The boys really enjoyed seeing Daddy and I did too.

After lunch we put Ephraim down for his afternoon nap. Then I took Jacob on a short walk. We went to the cemetary so I could take a picture of Mount Timpanogos. I was impressed by the amount of snow they got in the mountains and grateful that we didn't get much in the valley. Isn't this beautiful?


Jacob and I also walked up to the ice castle that is a few blocks from our house. It has been really cold the past week or so and the castle has been growing. Isn't this amazing?


The past couple of days they have had the sprinklers on a lot, creating new towers and formations. If you want to watch a video about how they did it, check here.


We drove by one evening and saw the creator out there working on it. Brrrr! At least he is finding a way to enjoy winter, right?

It has been fun having Grandma come and visit us. That way we have had someone to help keep us entertained while it is too cold to play outside. Isn't it great that January is almost over?

1 comment:

  1. That ice castle is really neat looking. I'm going to have to show some of my friends. Maybe it will give them ideas on doing one up here.

    ReplyDelete