Monday, October 13, 2008

Snow much fun!

The Breast Cancer Awareness ride we did on Saturday was just the beginning of my busy weekend! After I picked up the boys from the Smith's house (thanks Smiths!) and came home and showered, I had to run to the church to practice the song I was singing in Sacrament meeting on Sunday.

After practicing for a half hour, I ran and had Julie cut my hair. It looks super-cute... I'll have to take a picture this week. When I got home from getting my haircut, Joe and I ran back to the bicycle shop. They gave us a $10 off coupon for riding that morning, and we wanted to make sure my bike saddle was the right size.

We picked up a couple of things at the shop, and got the right size seat. They actually upgraded me to a more expensive seat! I ended up with a seat worth $100. It is going to look great on my bike!

When we got home we all went out to eat together at Rib City Grill since we had $20 worth of gift certificates there. Then we came home and got busy! Joe cleaned up our bikes and Shannon helped me work on Jacob's quilt. We pressed and ironed and got all the turtles done. Isn't it cute?

Now I just have to do the edging and the background. I hope to have it done soon!

Shannon, Jalene and I also had a little time to hang out and just play with the boys. Ephraim has started to babble and I like to think he is saying "Mama". What do you think?



Sunday morning we woke up to find snow on the ground with more coming down! The first thing Jacob said when he saw it was snowing was, "Mommy, I want to build a snowman!" That made me laugh! I told him there wasn't enough snow to build a snowman, but he could go watch the snow fall.

He had a great time playing outside and watching the snow fall. Can you imagine how excited he's going to be when the snow actually stays on the grass? It's a good thing one of us will be excited about that?

Jacob had so much fun picking up handfuls of snow and watching it come down that he didn't want to come back inside for breakfast!

At church my song went pretty well, even though Joe had to take Jacob out because he wanted to go up to the front of the chapel with me. So Joe didn't get to hear much of my song. I sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". I guess I'll have to give Joe a private concert later. Now if only I knew how to play the piano!

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to tell you that you did a fabulous job singing in church on Sunday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video of Ephraim is so cute, I'll look forward to having a phone conversation with him someday. I love the picture of Jacob with his face up catching snow flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turtles in a half shell...Turtle Power.

    ReplyDelete