Sunday, October 26, 2008

Unbeleafable Weekend

The boys and I didn't get to see much of Joe in the past couple of days. There was a programming conference at UVU that Joe was providing support for yesterday. In preparing for the contest he worked late a couple of days, and we basically didn't see him on Friday and Saturday.

So Saturday morning after Ephraim's nap I decided to take the boys for a drive after Ephraim's morning nap to go collect some fall leaves to make rubbings with. I dressed the boys in the same clothes that I chose for our family photos in case they were feeling photogenic. We didn't really get any individual photos of them last week when we attempted to do family pictures.

It turns out that bringing my camera was a good idea. Ephraim was fresh from his nap, so he was happy and playful. I got a lot of nice photos of him, but then again he is easy to photograph right now.
Smile for Mommy!

Ephraim had fun crawling around in the leaves. He thought they were very interesting.

He also enjoyed picking up the leaves and crunching them in his hands (having already decided that they didn't taste very good!).

I attempted to get some nice photos of Jacob, but he was running around like a mini tornado. I could not get him to hold still for the life of me. Then when Jacob asked me to help him climb a tree I had a genius idea. I got some nice pictures of him in the tree because he couldn't GO anywhere.

These will have to do for our two-year-old pictures of Jacob. I think they turned out pretty well. At least he is not scowling or giving me his big, cheesy smile.

So what do you think? Not bad, huh?

And here is the smile that I was hoping to get for our family photos. Isn't he a cute boy when he looks happy?

Later that day Jacob was playing in the sand while I hung up a load of laundry. I went and played with him for a while, then I ran inside the house to grab something. When I looked out the window I nearly cracked up! Jacob was out there trying to bury himself in the sand. So of course I grabbed my camera and dashed outside.



What a silly boy!

3 comments: