Wednesday, May 14, 2008

They Say it's Your Birthday. (Post II-- Adventures in Toy Shopping)

Here it is... Jacob's Birthday Post II (the first post was about Jacob's Birthday Party).

After Jacob's birthday party and a nice long nap we celebrated Jacob's birthday as a family. We had dinner outside on the porch and let Jacob play some more in the sand box with his new toys. Then it was time to pull out THE present.

Ever since Jacob played at Micah's house he has been wanting a Mack transporter truck. He LOVES it and plays with it every time he is there. So I knew this was THE gift that he HAD to have for his birthday.

So of course Wal-Mart does not sell this item online. This doesn't make sense to me at all. If the store can order Mack, then why can't I? Anyway the Mack transporter is only available in select stores... which means that the Wal-Mart nearest us (Lindon) does not carry it. So we check at American Fork and they have it. Hurray! Of course the day we go to pick it up they are sold out of the Mack trucks. OH THE HORROR! So we check with an employee who told us that they have ordered more but they have no idea when they will come. AARGH!

So I check at the Wal-Mart in Orem... of course they don't have it either. It is the Sunday before Jacob's birthday and I have no clue how I am going to procure THE gift... the one he REALLY wants. So as a last ditch effort I call up my friend Stacy and ask her if she can look down her way. So on Monday (the day before his birthday) she calls me and tells me that the Wal-Mart in Springville does not have Mack either. At this point I am beyond disbelief. Then she made my day by telling me that the Wal-Mart in Payson has the Mack trucks and she got one for me. She brought it to me at work on Monday night, and I could not thank her enough!

It may seem silly to go to so much effort for a birthday present, but I think it was worth it. Jacob was SO excited when he opened it, and he has played with it constantly. Watch Jacob in this video and tell me that you don't think it was worth the effort!

1 comment:

  1. You are one cool Mommy! Homemade Cars party and the major gift...YOU RULE!

    ReplyDelete