Monday, September 24, 2012

Swing and Ride with Amelia

Amelia is my outdoors girl. Every day she wants to go outside to play. She is no longer content to be inside and play with toys. She wants to go OUT. It seems that lately she really is interested in the boys bikes. Can you tell?


So I finally got smart and pulled out some of the smaller riding toys that we have. Amelia has been in heaven!


She loves to scoot along on our little riding toys. Another thing she loves to do is swing!


Whenever we have to go out to the van to go somewhere (which is every day!), Amelia will start to walk towards the swings and say "whee! whee!". Yep. She wants to swing!


Sometimes it is hard for me to want to be outside when Ephraim is at preschool because I had stuff to get done in the house! I need to clean and do laundry and work on the computer. But sometimes I just have to remind myself that Amelia is only going to be little once. So we go outside and play.


Sometimes we even play in the rain.


Maybe wanting to be outside is Amelia's way of helping me take a minute to stop and enjoy my surroundings. I know she sure does!


No comments:

Post a Comment