Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Heavy Sleeper and the Potty Incident

Can you believe Ephraim still occasionally takes naps in the afternoons. I am SO lucky, huh?!



When Ephraim gets really tired all he has to do is lay down for a few minutes and he is out cold! He is such a heavy sleeper that I can sit right in front of him, happily snapping away with my camera and he won't even flinch! Need to change the ISO or adjust my settings? No problem!
Consequently I have the best pictures of my little Ephraim asleep! I can hardly ever get any of Jacob or Amelia because they would wake up with the first click of my shutter... but not Ephraim

Of course, being a heavy sleeper also has its disadvantages. Ephraim has a hard time making it through the night dry because he sleeps so deeply. He just doesn't wake up to go to the bathroom! So I have been trying to wake him up to take him potty before I go to sleep (which means he has been asleep for a few hours). Every time I wake him up I have to try hard not to laugh since he staggers around and is so obviously not awake.


Well, last night the laughs were on me! I got Ephraim up and carried him to the bathroom. I helped him get his pajama bottoms and pull-up down, sat him on the potty and told him to go pee. He was so asleep that he didn't quite have it all together (or pointed down, I should say!), so he went pee and sprayed me from neck to knees!!


Needless to say we had a little cleanup and clothing change before I made it to bed last night. And of course my sweet boy doesn't remember it at all in the morning! Oh the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment