Thursday, June 21, 2012

Strawberry Days Carnival

This week is Strawberry Days in Pleasant Grove, so I knew the boys would want to go to the carnival. We ended up going to the carnival as a family on Wednesday night. It was great because Joe could help with Amelia. This made it possible for us to go on a ride we never have before, the ferris wheel!


Jacob has wanted to ride on the Ferris wheel, but I have not ever been able to take him! All of the rides were only one ticket on Wednesday night, so we decided to go on the Ferris Wheel first. Ephraim wasn't sure he wanted to go, but he said if I went with him then he would go.


The boys were a little scared at first, but I helped them remain calm. In the end, they LOVED it! They especially enjoyed it when they were done loading all the cars and we got to go around and around. So fun!


It has been a long time since I have been on any rides, so I had fun too. After the Ferris Wheel we decided to send the boys on the little roller coaster. Actually, I stood in line for the roller coaster while Joe and the boys went to ride on the Jeeps. Then they came and rode the coaster. They loved it!


We got to ride on nearly all of the kiddie rides. Amelia only got to go on one ride, which was the carousel.


At first she did not really want to sit on the carousel horse, but once it started moving, she loved it.


We let the boys go down the super slide. Their expressions crack me up! (Do you think it made Ephraim a little scared?)


As always, we rode on the cars/motorcycle carousel as well. Here are my boys on their bikes.


We also went on the kiddie rides that "fly" up and down. What fun!



It was awesome that we could let the boys go on so many rides. We got to do all of these rides for only $20! We did have to wait in line, but the boys were having so much fun that it was worth it.

We ended up staying at the carnival until after 9 pm! Here are some cool pictures I took of the Ferris wheel at the end of the day.


As we left, I stopped and took this picture. I think it is really pretty.


We had so much fun at the carnival! I loved having Joe there with me because it made the whole experience so much more fun. Next year I think we will take Daddy again. Especially since Amelia will be able to ride on more of the rides.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! I love Amelia on the Ferris Wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how much fun you had! The picture are great! What a fun family tradition to start!

    ReplyDelete