Saturday, June 9, 2012

Devereaux Kiddos

I have been absolutely DYING to get new family pictures taken. Our photo shoot got cancelled due to bad weather over Memorial Day weekend, so now I have to wait until the end of the month to get our pictures taken.

I decided that in the meantime I could try to see if I could get any decent pictures of the kids myself. So I took them to the amphitheater by the temple and took some pictures.

I got some decent ones. I especially like some of the pictures I got of the boys. They are easy to take pictures of. You just sit and talk to them until you get a picture that you like. The hardest part was Amelia. She is working on molars, so she has been a bit cranky. Plus whenever I have my camera out, she refuses to look at me! The little stinker.

Here are some of my favorites:


Isn't Jacob handsome? I can't believe he is already 6.


Ephraim is actually pretty easy to photograph now. I just talk to him and tease him and get out his infectious smile.

This is my favorite picture of Jacob. Probably because he was actually relaxed when I took the picture. Jacob tends to try to hard to give me a nice smile, so I end up with forced-looking smiles. This one is a bit more natural.


Plus I like the line of the railing in the picture (and yes, I was straddling the railing to get that picture!). These two of Ephraim are nice too.



Photographing the three kids together was a whole other story. When I try to get the kids to "act natural", this is about what I get:


Nice. Jacob has uber-cheese face, Amelia is sticking out her tongue, and Ephraim is giving me the tight-lipped smile. Great!

I did manage to get one nice picture that did not need to be edited a ton. I just wish I had changed the f-stop on my camera to be a little higher. When you blow the picture up, you see that Ephraim is not quite in focus.


Ah well, I will probably get this one printed anyway.

This next one is not too bad. You can't even really tell which kid's face comes from another picture.


I like the pictures with the greenery better than the rocks. But here are my favorite "rock" pictures.


This is the best one of this pose. I sure wish I could have gotten Amelia to smile at me though!


Instead she looks confused... "Mommy, why are you doing that? I know you are trying to be funny, but I just think you are weird."


Not too bad. I guess the best part is that we can try again in a week or so and see if I get any that I like better. What do you think of their clothes? I have the black and red shirt in Ephraim's size, but I wasn't sure if that would make the boys too "matchy".

Of course I tried for a cute shot from Amelia, and this is the best I got.


She sure is a cutie, even if she doesn't love having her picture taken.


I love this little dress (thanks, Melinda!). I think next time I will see what it looks like with a white undershirt. After all, I have all summer to torture my children by practicing my picture-taking skills on them! (don't feel too bad, they got ice cream out of the deal).

No comments:

Post a Comment