Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


What a mixed-weather weekend! Friday and Saturday it was wet and drizzly. We were supposed to get our family pictures taken on Saturday afternoon, but we got rained out. I was a bit bummed because I already had everyone's clothes picked out AND I just got my hair cut. So I was all ready. Now we have to reschedule. sigh.

Sunday the weather was starting to clear out, which made me happy because we had plans for Memorial Day. No barbecuing for us! We were going cycling! In the past month or so I have been training for my first century (100 mile) ride of the year. It is called Little Red Riding Hood and it is THIS Saturday!

Joe and I left the kids with Stacy, my fabulous college roommate who lives in Spanish Fork. From there we left here house and went on a bike ride around West Mountain. It was a beautiful day for a ride! The weather was not too cold and it was SUNNY. Joe and I were having a great time. I am so lucky to have a husband who shares my interests and is willing to torture himself for 50 miles in my behalf.


I couldn't get over how beautifully green-blue the lake was, especially when contrasted with the pink bushes and the dark green reeds in the water. When I lamented the fact that I did not have my camera, Joe suggested that I stop and take some pictures with my phone. Duh!




I am so glad we took the time to take some pictures! It was gorgeous, and now I have pictures to remind me of the fun time we had out riding together. With three little kiddos, we don't get to go out together very often.


We finished our 50 miles in 3 hours. We were pretty tired after that! Apparently we were not the only ones who had fun and were tired. Ephraim and Amelia both fell asleep on the ride home.


I was happy to hear that Amelia was a good girl at Stacy's house. She did not even cry the whole time! Maybe she is finally starting to understand that I will always come back for her.

On the way home we stopped so I could take a picture of Mount Timpanogos. You can see that the rainy weather left a new layer of snow on top of the mountain. I thought it looked pretty when contrasted with all the green right beneath it.


After we got home and showered, we went out to eat dinner. Then we spent the rest of the evening just doing nothing. It was a good day. It got off to a rainy start, but our weekend turned out well in after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment