Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation- School's Out!

Today is the last day of school- hooray!

I actually don't know if they should really call it the last day of school because Jacob will only be there from 8:45 am-10:15.

Another funny thing is that we already attended Jacob's Kindergarten graduation on Tuesday. The Kindergarteners did a little program where they recited an activity that they did for every letter of the alphabet. They also sang a few songs. It was really cute!


After the program we got to go to Jacob's classroom, where Mrs. Christensen called their names and gave them all their graduation certificates.


Jacob is a tender little soul and got a bit teary-eyed when he got his certificate (you can kind of tell in the above picture). He told me that he is a little sad to be done with Kindergarten. He will miss his teacher, Mrs. Christensen.


I am glad Jacob had such a great experience in Kindergarten! It is amazing to me how much he has learned. Now I just have to keep him up to speed during the summer and I am sure that first grade will be just as much fun for him as Kindergarten.

Here is Jacob just outside the school with his certificate.


Isn't he just adorable?


I wanted to record a video of the funny song that the Kindergarteners sang, but you couldn't really hear it very well with all the noise in the auditorium (and Amelia on my lap). So I had Jacob sing it for me so I could share it with you! You're welcome!



2 comments:

  1. wow!! It's hard to believe that Jacob has graduated from Kindergarten. He has grown up so much this last year. He'll do a great job in 1st too.

    ReplyDelete