Thursday, May 10, 2012

Flying the Buzz Kite


What a WINDY day we had today. Jacob is one smart cookie and asked me if it would be windy enough to fly his Buzz kite. I knew that I could really help the boys fly kites without Daddy's help. So when Joe came home from work and after we had dinner, we went out to the cemetery to see if we could get Buzz to fly.

Since I had to get ready for work tonight, the boys went with Daddy to the cemetery while I got my stuff together. Then Amelia and I drove over.

I got a pretty cool set of photos of Jacob and Daddy working on getting the Buzz kite up. I love these!




As you can see, we did manage to get the Buzz kite up. He kept crashing every once in a while, but we did get it flying!


We also got one of our smaller fabric kites up for Ephraim. Poor Joe! As soon as he got one kite up, it seemed like the other kite crashed to the ground! What a good Daddy to help the boys fly their kites!


As you can see, Miss Amelia was stuck in the stroller. But Joe told me that he let her walk around after I left because I had to get to work. I was having so much fun that I was a little bit late for work!

In other news, Jacob's chin is already looking a bit better. It is a pain to put on a new band-aid every morning and night, but we do it anyway! Tonight while I was at work, Grandma Heiner arrived at our house. She has come to celebrate Jacob's birthday this weekend. With everything going on, I totally forgot to have them change Jacob's band-aid! So when I got home at almost 10pm, I got the poor boy out of bed and changed his band-aid. Oh well! I am sure it will be worth it in the end!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of fun and doing it together makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete