Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Jacob! (Happy Mother's Day to Me!)

We had a double header today-- Mother's Day and Jacob's birthday! I thought it was awesome that Jacobhad his sixth birthday on Mother's Day, since he was my first baby.


I think Jacob had a pretty good birthday. He got to go to church and have everyone sing to him and wish him a happy birthday. Then he got to come home and open presents after we ate lunch. He got a Lego Star Wars shirt like Ephraim's and the thing he REALLY wanted:



Can you tell that he is excited?! (Ephraim's face cracks me up!) More than anything, Jacob wanted a Lego Star Wars X-wing fighter. Joe and I discussed it and decided to get it for him, even though technically it is above his age level. I also had to make sure Joe was OK with it because guess who got to put it together?


Yep! Daddy!

It took a couple of hours to assemble, but Joe was good about letting Jacob help out.


Ephraim sat at the table nearly the whole time as well. It was kind of fun for me to watch them all building Legos together. But they got it done!


I have to say, it is a pretty cool machine! The wings open and close, and you should have heard all the space-y sound effects going on at my house this afternoon.

So what did I do for Mother's day?


I decorated a cake! I had to put the frosting on Jacob's monster cake, and of course he wanted a monster that was "spikey". What was everyone else doing while I frosted and then made dinner?



Snoozing! What a bunch of sleepy heads.

We had a yummy dinner of salmon and corn on the cob. Then we let Jacob open the rest of his presents. He got a nice shirt from Grandma and Grandpa Devereaux, and a  cool Lego racer.


Of course Daddy got to put that one together that night too! At least it didn't have as many pieces as the X-wing!

While they built more Legos, I got to hang out with Amelia.


I also went outside and spent some quality time with Jacob's cake before we sliced him up. I think he turned out pretty well, don't you?


We got to have a fun video chat with Grandma and Grandpa Devereaux, and then we lit up the cake!



The cake tasted pretty good- chocolate, per Jacob's request!

What a fun birthday weekend for Jacob! He gets to do his birthday three days in a row because tomorrow at school they are celebrating his birthday too! What a lucky boy!

Jacob is awesome! He is a good big brother and he loves his siblings. He is pretty obedient and trustworthy for a six year old, which I really appreciate. I can usually count on him to help me when I need something, and he is good at following the rules. He is a smartie pants too! He already likes to do math in school and he is reading really well. We love Jacob so much and can't imagine our family without him! Happy Birthday Jacob!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the monster cake turned great! You are turning into a real cake master.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is FABULOUS!!! You are a good mommy to give up your mother's day!

    ReplyDelete