Wednesday, February 8, 2012

No Stitches!

It was a regular Tuesday. After picking Jacob up for school we had a quick lunch and then headed to the library for Story-time. We like to go to Storytime on the same day and time as the Esplins so the kids can hang out together (and of course so Karyn and I can chat).

After we were done at the library we decided to swap kids, which we do regularly. So Jacob and Micah went to play at the Esplins, and Clara and Ephraim played at our house. They have so much fun playing together, and it is actually easier to have a friend because then the boys are not asking me what they should do. They just play!

We had a fun playdate, and I headed to Karyn's house to pick up Jacob and drop off Clara. Apparently I got there just moments after Jacob's head met up with Karyn's coffee table. The kids were spinning around, Jacob tripped and whacked the side of his face by his eye. Karyn felt really bad about it, but these things just happen with kids! Jacob is pretty hysterical when it comes to getting hurt, but we got him calmed down and headed home.

When we got home and showed the cut to Joe, he said we should probably have it looked at. So we had to wait until 6 pm to get an after-hours doctor appointment. Jacob DID NOT want to go to the doctor, and we kept reassuring him it would be ok.

Jacob chose me to go to the doctor's office with him. When they called us back I was practically dragging Jacob by the arm. He did not want to get up on the table so the nurse could look at him. I had to lift him up and set him there and then sit next to him. The doctor came and looked at it. He said the cut was pretty deep, but it was far enough from his eye that they wouldn't have to stitch it.

Good thing he didn't have to have stitches because they would have had to sedate him for that! As it was he screamed the entire time the doctor was holding the cut and gluing it together. The nurse had to hold his head still, and I was holding on to his arms. It was quite the adventure, let me tell you!

I sure am glad he didn't have to get stitches! His cut will heal in no time!


And I am pretty sure that he will not be physically (or mentally) scarred for life.


I think it is pretty cool that they can just glue the cut shut. We have to put Neosporin on it after 5 days to help the glue come off and that's it!

I was supposed to go to a book group meeting that night, but after all of our trauma I ended up missing it. Instead we had a little FHE lesson (which we do on Tuesday because Joe works on Monday) and then we went out for ice cream. When we got the kids in bed, all Joe and I wanted to do was relax for a little while.

Phew! What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment