Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter crafts

This morning when Ephraim came home from preschool he was not feeling very well. Apparently he was coming down with something because later that afternoon he fell asleep and I found him like this:


At first I could not believe he was really asleep, so I had to get closer and check up on him.


Sure enough! He was out cold. Poor kid was exhausted and didn't feel like eating a lot. So I let him rest most of the afternoon.


While Ephraim was sleeping, Jacob played with his castle blocks. I love the castle he built and the "guards" he put around to keep watch over it.


I think the boys are actually quite creative, and the castle blocks are going to be a lot of fun for them.


Jacob and I also put up the sun catchers that we made out of ice. I loved the colors and shapes, which we made by putting food coloring in our fun ice cube trays.


We made one with stars and one with puzzle pieces and we thought they were pretty to look at.


We have not had any snow lately, but it has been cold outside. So Jacob, Ephraim and I made some gel window clings to put on our front window. That way it could at least look like it was snowing outside!


We had a lot of fun with our winter crafts this week. I love that I can find so many fun things for us to do online (thank you Pinterest!).

2 comments:

  1. Those are great sun catchers and I love those castle blocks. I'll bet they're great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way fun! Those castle blocks are awesome and I gotta make myself some of those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete