Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow day and Wilbur the Snowman

Last night an amazing thing happened... it actually started to snow! The boys were so excited, especially after all the rain that we have had this week.

When we woke up, everything was wonderfully wintery white.


The boys desperately wanted to play in the snow, but I knew that by the time Jacob got out of Kindergarten at noonthe snow at our house would already be starting to melt. So after lunch we took a little drive and went up the canyon to a park just past the mouth of the canyon.

There was a lot more snow there than there was at home, and the boys were excited to get out and play!


There was only one little problem. I got the boys dressed in their boots and snowpants before we left the house, and told them to grab their coats as we headed out the door. As you can see from the picture above, somebody did not listen to mommy and forgot their coat!

It would not have been a problem, except it is a bit colder up the canyon and Ephraim was wearing short sleeves. Since Amelia was sleeping in her carseat, I figured Ephraim could borrow her little snowsuit to keep his arms warm.



After I put the little snowsuit on him he was warmer, but I almost could not stop laughing! He looked like he had a little bear hanging out on his back or something! It was hilarious, but Ephraim didn't mind at all because his favorite colors right now are pink and purple.

Canyon View park was great. We had the place to ourselves and there was plenty of snow. The boys had fun throwing the snow off the bridge into the water, and I enjoyed the scenery.



I don't know what was so fascinating about seeing the snow hit the water below, but the boys kept at it for quite a while.


(hehe! Don't tell me you aren't laughing!)

Of course we could not let our snow day pass without building a snowman.


I helped the boys roll the snowballs, and they packed them down. And of course every time Eli turned around and I saw the little feet dangling out the back, I had to stifle more giggles! Hehe.





We had a great time building our snowman in the park! The boys were happy to know that he would last longer because it was warmer, and at night when no one was looking he could go play on the playground equipment!


We named him Wilbur (as in will-brrrr!) and waved goodbye to him as we drove away.

When we got home our grass was already almost bare, so it was a good thing we drove up the canyon to play in the snow! I hope it snows again so we can play in the snow, even if we have to take a little trip to play in it!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun outing! Boys love to make snowmen. I'm glad you found some snow. And Ephraim looks so cute in Amelia's snow suit. I be it was hillarious to see those little feet following him around and bouncing along as he walked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures Deb, especially of Ephraim. I am loving their hats. Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! And Ephraim is cracking me up in that getup!

    ReplyDelete