Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Flowers

After our warm Saturday in the sandbox, it got a bit cloudy and blustery around here. But I guess Spring weather is usually a bit on the wild side.

I have been carefully watching my flower beds for the first signs of Spring. Guess who popped out to visit?

Hello Yellow!


I am so happy that my crocuses have decided to bloom. That means that the other flowers and warmer weather are soon to follow.

Yesterday was cloudy and not too lovely, and today was looking the same when I woke up. Then this afternoon the sun finally broke through the clouds and the temperatures got around 68 degrees! It was amazing!

So of course the boys and I went outside as soon as we got the chance. Ephraim is getting better about wearing shoes outside. He still isn't sure he likes the grass though, so most of the time he was crawling and walking around on the patio. Boy was he dirty when I brought him in for naptime!

Jacob kept trying to get Ephraim to play with him, but Ephraim didn't quite understand. I'm sure in a couple more months they will be having a blast together. They still managed to have a good time for a little while this afternoon.

Ephraim decided he had to check out the taste of the wood chips. I got them away from him, but not before he had sampled them a little. I've said it before... "boys and their dirt!"

Yummy!

Jacob is always happy to be outside. He loves playing in the sandbox. We are going to have a great time this summer going to the park and playing outside.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for the first signs of spring. I'm ready for warmer weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob and Ephraim will have a blast this summer playing together! I love that Lily and Micah have each other to play with. I am happy that spring is almost here too. I look forward to the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete