Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wahoo! Warm Weather!

Sorry it's been a while since I posted.

On the day of my last post I found out that I am going to be laid off at the end of April. So that put a damper on things for a little bit. We are very grateful that I am losing my job instead of Joe, and that we have time to make adjustments and see what else is out there. Lately I have been spending time online looking for something else I can do part-time.

On to happier things....
Saturday was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and the temperature got above 50 degrees! It was heaven! Of course we had to let Jacob play outside and there was only one place he wanted to play.

Boys and their dirt!


Jacob was in heaven. As a matter of fact, every day since he has wanted to go outside and play in the sandbox.

Saturday while I was at a women's conference, Joe discovered that Ephraim doesn't exactly care for shoes. Joe put some sandals on over Ephraim's socks so he could walk around outside without getting his feet wet on the soggy ground. As soon as he put the shoes on Ephraim started wailing!

Joe even tried it later while Ephraim was in his high chair, and even though he couldn't see them, Ephraim started crying. I guess that's what happens when you learn to walk during the winter! He has only ever walked when he had socks or bare feet, so he does not understand what we are trying to put shoes on him for!

We let him play with the shoes for a while, and he did a bit better today. I actually got him to smile... while wearing shoes!

Of course he wouldn't move an inch with the shoes on, so we'll have to work on that.

Today was a pretty nice day too. Jacob and I played outside for quite a while. Since it rained Sunday, I didn't really want Jacob in the sandbox. So I got him to play with bubbles instead. It's kind of nice when your kids learn to blow bubbles by themselves, isn't it? Now I don't have to get lightheaded to keep him amused!

Great job Jacob! Look at all those bubbles!

I also took the boys for a walk this afternoon. We had to stop by the construction site and check it out. Jacob still LOVES to watch all the construction equipment. It looks like they are going to start framing in the church building very soon. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. That's really funny that Ephraim doesn't like wearing shoes. I hope that he gets used to them fast for your sake. I agree. It is nice when your kids can blow their own bubbles. Now Jacob will be able to blow them for Ephraim. I love this warm weather. We have been outside a lot too! Let's hope it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoe story is priceless. And yes, it is nice when the kids get old enough to start entertaining themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ephraim, I don't like shoes either. And oh, I'm with you...such a relief when kids can start entertaining themselves.

    ReplyDelete