Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snowy Week

We have had crazy weather this week. It keeps snowing, but luckily the snow keeps melting off the lawn.

Earlier this week I went outside to check out the snow and I found these tracks in the lawn. I am pretty sure they are from a raccoon.

I went online and raccoon tracks seem to be the closest to these. I have never seen a raccoon near our house, but maybe they only come around at night time.


Later this week we took a quick walk to look at the construction equipment at the church building site near our house. Jacob LOVES to go see the big tractors. Here is a picture of him "walking" over there.

Wait for Mommy!

If you look closely behind Jacob in this next picture, you can see that they already have the foundation poured for the church building. The street that the big trucks drive on is a muddy mess! I bet they will be glad when warmer weather comes too!


Notwithstanding the icky weather, we are having some signs of spring in our flowerbeds. I think these are our crocuses and probably daffodils. It's too early for tulips, right?


Hopefully we can get some sunshine around here so these little guys can grow!

2 comments:

  1. I want spring too! It was nice today. I think spring might be closer than we think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what all that construction was over there by you...Thank you for calming my inquiring mind!

    ReplyDelete