Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful

It has been snowing BUCKETS outside today! I have personally shoveled at least six inches of snow off of our driveway! To gather more pity, I should mention that my driveway is HUGE. We have a carport as well as a two car garage. That makes for a lot of cement!

In addition to being a lot of work, the snow has been fun today... for Jacob at least! While I was shoveling, he was having fun snow adventures. So a couple of times I had to take a break and get out my new camera (ooh! ahh!) to take some pictures.

At first he decided to help me with the shoveling. What a hard worker!

Look how deep the snow is!


After "working" with me for a while, Jacob decided that it was time to take a break and have some fun. I decided to take a break too... camera in hand. Jacob had a fantastic time in the snow. He tromped around in it, he sat down in it, and he carried it around.


Jacob helped me remember what it was like to be a kid and LOVE to play in the snow. Even when you are cold and soaking wet, it's still fun. Snow is really amazing stuff, you know!


It must have seemed like the world turned into an enormous sandbox for Jacob to play in! Unfortunately, snow doesn't work quite the same as sand.

Why won't the snow come out of the bucket?

Pretty soon Jacob was covered with snow from his head to his toes. I think by the time the day got over I ended up changing Jacob's clothes twice because he was soaking wet!


I kept running from shoveling to the house to get the camera because Jacob kept doing funny things. He even got out the big equipment to lend a hand!



I am starting to get so excited to share Christmas with my husband and two little boys! It is going to be great! I won't even have to do any shoveling because we will be in Tucson for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment