Thursday, December 4, 2008

To nap or not to Nap?

About a block and a half from our house they are working on a new church building. Of course that means that there are tractors, excavators and lots of other heavy equipment. Joe reminded me about it one day and told me I should take Jacob out to see the construction site. So the next day we went.

When we got there we found an excavator that was not in use. Jacob thought it was pretty cool and wanted to "get closer". I thought it was funny to see this little boy next to such a big piece of equipment.

Needless to say we have been going on walks nearly every day to look at the equipment. There was one day this week that I think we watched a bucketloader push dirt for about a half hour. Jacob was completely rivited... and I was a bit bored. Well, at least he was having fun!

Then we went and saw this large piece of equipment. I think it's a grader? Maybe not... anyway Jacob walked right up to it and touched the tire (it wasn't in use either). He thinks these trucks are fascinating, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing one under the Christmas tree. Too bad they are HUGE!


Sometimes we go on these walks in an effort to use up some of Jacob's energy. Honestly, I am trying to wear him out so he will take a nap. I don't think he's quite ready to give them up yet, even though he tries not to sometimes.

When he doesn't get a nap he is grumpy and tired. Tuesday this week I could not get Jacob to take a nap. Then in the evening he came downstairs with me while I worked on the computer. Joe was helping Will out with a Christmas present for his grandkids and was going to come get Jacob when they were done (so he could play with Will).

I heard a knock on the door and said, "Jacob, Will's here!". As I headed towards the stairs I found Jacob just like this:

Yep. He had fallen asleep on one of the rocking chairs downstairs. It wasn't even 7 p.m.! It kind of made me laugh because he is such a cute little guy.

Of course when he woke up a little while later I had to take him over so he could play with Will. :o) Right now it seems we are on an every other day kind of schedule. The funny thing is that if he takes a nap it is usually 2 1/2 hours long!

I hope he keeps taking naps because that is when I get to work on my crafts, blogs, photos, etc. I am sure that he will stop napping eventually, but for now my answer is NOT YET!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the nap issue is a hard one. Ashton doesn't take naps anymore, but even still, he will sometimes fall asleep in the car.

    Ashton loves big equipment, and was always so much better about naming them. I didn't know they were building a church there - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the little boy and the big trucks! So cute!

    ReplyDelete