Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods

So here is my Thanksgiving post... not quite a week late!

We had a great time in Wyoming. The drive up to my parent's house went pretty well. We only had to stop a couple of times for potty breaks. :o) We got there about an hour or so before the big dinner. It was quite the spread, but there were plenty of us to help eat all the yummy food!

This year there were so many of us that we actually had a "kiddie table". Jacob did pretty well eating over there with the other kids.

After dinner we all sat around and digested. :o) We talked a bit and played around on the many laptops available too. I got Jacob to put his turkey-leg hat back on so I could take a few photos. Isn't he cute?

I also got Ephraim to wear it... for approximately 5 seconds. Good thing I'm fast with the camera!

The turkey-leg hat was a source of amusement for quite a while. It got a bit dismantled, but I think Jacob liked it better that way.

Nothing like a post-dinner snack!

Even Samantha thought the turkey leg looked pretty tasty!

A few hours later Joe and I left the boys with everyone else and went on a little photo-excursion. Just before we arrived at my parents' house we were both enjoying the scenery. I told Joe that I wished I had brought the bigger camera (that I am borrowing from my dad) to take some pictures. We ended up using dad's small camera, which is a bit newer than ours, to go back and take some pictures of the scenery.

I think these photos turned out absolutely gorgeous! I took some and so did Joe. What do you think?

I hopped out of the car to take the above photo. Nice, huh?

Joe had to walk through some bushes to get the above photo. It is one of my favorites!

I was loving the red of the bushes and the frozen water. Nice!


This last photo is my favorite... and one of the first that I took. Isn't this a lovely shot?

I really appreciate Joe for indulging me and going with me to take pictures. I love being able to capture beautiful places like this.

2 comments:

  1. Cute picts!! Thanks for letting me know about the Samantha picture, it looks great!! You'll have to send me the other ones! Also great picts of Allred Flats. I too was enjoying the drive the day before, it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the last pictures (3-6). They are really pretty!! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete