Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heiner Family Christmas party

This Saturday my family got together for our annual Christmas party. We met at Jeanette's house in Logan because it is about equal distance for all of us.

It was fun to see everyone! The kids are all growing up so fast! I couldn't believe how big my brother Shon's kids are getting. We don't get to see them very often, so every time we do it seems like they have changed so much. His oldest daughter will be 15 next month, which is unbelievable!

We drove up on Saturday morning, and just beat my sisters Shannon and Jalene there. It took a while to get everyone organized so we could have lunch before opening the presents. While we were waiting, Grandpa Heiner took the opportunity to take a little snooze with his newest granddaughter Samantha.

Isn't that sweet?
We all tried to help out as best we could, but sometimes its hard to get that many people organized. We finally had lunch and then got around to opening presents. This year we did it in Jeanette and Greg's garage, which was nice because there was plenty of room for everyone!

This year Jacob is MUCH more excited about opening presents! Last year he didn't quite get it, but he sure does this year. He loved opening the papers and seeing what was inside.

Here he is getting down on the ground to rip at the wrapping paper. This present was from Grandpa and Grandma to Jacob and Ephraim. It was a whole set of chunky, plastic Tonka trucks. Jacob has been having a great time with. We have even persuaded him that he can share with Ephraim... a little. :o)

One of his other favorites was this Thomas the Tank Engine. It rolls along on wheels and makes a chug-chugging train sound, which Jacob loves. To top it off, the smokestack has a red light in it that goes off. Jacob has been using Thomas as the engine and all the other Tonka trucks as the cars. Then he pushes his little "train" around the living room until the trucks peel off different directions. It's pretty funny.

The other thing Jacob does with Thomas and his trucks is carry them around EVERYWHERE in the red bag that Aunt Jeanette made for him. He thinks it's so much fun!

As you might imagine, Ephraim was not quite sure what all this opening presents stuff was about. He did help me with the wrapping paper here and there.

Somewhere along the way we lost Jacob to Grandpa and Grandma... he ended up sitting over with them. At least he was having a good time, right?

Apparently Grandpa and Grandma were enjoying everyone's company too!


I know I was having a great time! Joe let me open that big box that he had put under the tree! I honestly didn't know what was in that box... especially since it was so light!

That Joe! He took the camera out of the box and then wrapped it empty! Then when I opened the box my dad pulled the camera out from it's hiding place and started to take pictures. Needless to say I was really surprised! I was SO happy too! I couldn't believe that I didn't have to wait MANY more months to earn the money to get the camera of my dreams! He used all the extra money he earned doing tech support at a conference to get it for me! What a sweet man!


Just in case you were wondering... this is what Joe got me. The Canon XSi with two lenses. I am in heaven! We have already been having a great time trying it out and taking lots of pictures.

So I guess you could say that I am happy with my Christmas present!


They say that if Mommy is happy, then everyone is happy. Well, do these guys look happy to you?

I thought so!
I hope your Christmas is as wonderful as mine has been so far!

5 comments:

  1. It's always good when you get something unexpected. Congrats on the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you got what you wanted for Christmas, I used my Bosch mixer for the first time today. I love it! Merry Christmas to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is your hubby to get you such a great surprise?! You'll enjoy it all Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been wanting it for a long time! I'm so happy you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I check your public blog so often I sometimes forget to look at your family blog. We did have lots of fun at Jeanette's! I was the best part of my Christmas for sure.

    ReplyDelete